- These meets require a more experienced meet director and should not be a first experience for any meet director or club. It is usually the clubs reputation that is affected by the work of the meet director, regardless what organization the meet is run through.
- Beginning with this season, meet directors of all Texas USAG program meets will be required to attend a Meet Director workshop which will be held during the GAT Convention in Austin, Labor Day Weekend.
- Meet director attendance waivers may be submitted to the competition chairperson (s) and will be considered based on prior experience as a meet director. Competitions which will require attendance of meet directors are: All District Championships except Level 2/3, North, South and State competitions.
- Invitational meets are exempt from mandatory attendance at this workshop, however the meet director of an invitational is welcome to attend.
- If a Booster Club is hosting a TX USAG program meet, that information should be indicated somewhere on the bid form or an attached letter.
- In the past few years there has been a trend of submitting bids for every meet the state program oversees. Please consider submitting bids for the meets you really want to host (and not every meet date on the calendar). It would also be helpful if you would make a note of 1st or 2nd choice at the top of the bid form so we can take that into consideration when voting on meet directors, meet sites and host clubs
2011 Meet Director's Letter
This year (2011) we will be giving specific consideration in meet director experience and prior meet issues when we award bids. We have had an increasing concern in the knowledge of meet directors for District Championships, North, South and State Competitions